A challenging year, but not without hope
As 2020 reaches its end, I wanted to take some time to look back on this challenging year and say a heartfelt thank you for your loyalty and support. 2020 has been a tough year for many, and our industry in particular has been strongly hit by the restrictions. In spite of adversity, and thanks to you, we have been able to keep Virtuo's operations open, delivering the high level of service you expect from us.
Open for essential travel
In light of the recent government announcement that London has moved into tier 4, I want to share my deepest sympathies for those whose Christmas plans have been affected. I want to reassure you that we are still open for any essential travel you need to take over the festive period.
Foundations for a stronger 2021
We hope 2021 will bring more travel possibilities both at home and abroad. We want to be ready and are stepping up a gear to build the best car on demand service for you.
- Developing an even better digital experience
- Making it the best, most intuitive service on the market. A car at your fingertips.
- Bringing innovative features to the market
- Such as Virtuo Delivered in London, that we expect to expand. A car at your doorstep.
- Providing a broader choice of models
- So you have the right car for your needs, doubling down on our 2020 efforts.
And of course, we’ll continue aiming at excellent quality of service.
This year, as challenging as it has been, made us reflect on our contribution to society. Above anything else, we are proud to have been able to support frontline healthcare workers providing our cars free of charge so they can commute safely and in comfort.
As a company, we want to do more:
- How can we contribute to making cities better places, with fewer cars, less pollution?
- What can we offer to ensure that urban city dwellers never need to own a car?
- How can we contribute to fighting climate change?
We don’t have all the answers, but the intent is here.
Let’s look forward to 2021.